Confidential - before treatment, please inform us whether any of the following apply to you:
• Recent treatment from doctor or other healthcare practitioner
• Current medication (prescribed, over-the-counter or supplements)
• Recent scar tissue, cuts, bruises or other abrasions to area being waxed
• Skin disorders or infections (e.g. eczema, psoriasis, ringworm, etc)
• Sunburn or heat allergies
• Hypersensitive or highly reactive skin
• Use or Roaccutane or other acne products in last 6 months
• Current use of AHA or BHA products (e.g. glycolic or salicylic acid, etc)
• Use of steroid creams or steroid medication in last 3 months
• Varicose veins or capillary damage in treatment area
• Heart conditions
• High / low blood pressure
• Oedema or other swelling in treatment area
• Nerve damage or increased / decreased sensitivity in the skin
• Epilepsy, fits or fainting attacks
• Allergies or intolerance (e.g. to lanolin, sticking plasters, nuts, etc)
• Conditions or medical treatment causing immuno-suppression
• Previous reactions to waxing
If you have any condition above, we might refuse service or treatment to you. This is not only for your safety but also other clients and liability for the salon.
• New use of any of the medications listed above increases the possibility of a reaction. Please inform the esthetician if you have begun taking any new medications since your last session.
• Waxing does have certain side effects including, but not limited to, skin removal, redness, scabbing, bruising, scarring, swelling, tenderness, hyper pigmentation, flaking, and/or pimples.
• Waxing of soft tissue can cause the skin to tear.
• We recommend no peels, tanning and wet room services for 72 hours after waxing treatment.